Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to do in order to have my credentials evaluated?

In order for us to prepare an evaluation report for you, we must have the following items:

  • A completed and signed ‘Application for Evaluation of Educational Credentials’. Apply Now.
  • Full payment for the services you are requesting.
  • Please check Documentation Requirements to determine if you have additional requirements.
  • An accurate English translation of all non-English language documents you submit.

Can I obtain report copies of my evaluation report at a later date?

Yes. If you require report copies of a completed report (official paper or electronic) sent directly to a school, employer, or licensing board you can request them at any time.

How long will it take to complete my evaluation report?

Our standard turnaround time is five business days; however, there are periods when completion time can vary based on our application volume. Please contact us regarding turnaround time. If you are attempting to meet a tight deadline, you may wish to choose our '3 Business Day' or '24 hour (1 Business Day) Rush’ service. Please see Fees and Services for additional information.

What does 'standard turnaround' time of five business days mean?

Our average turnaround time is five business days, and you can expect that your report will be completed in approximately five business days upon receipt of all necessary documentation; however, there are periods when completion time can vary based on our application volume. Please contact us regarding turnaround time – if you must have your evaluation in less time than five business days, you should request one of our rush services to guarantee a completed report that meets your deadline. Please see Fees and Services for additional information.

Do I need to send my original educational credentials/documents?

In most cases no. Copies of official educational credentials sent directly by the issuing institution or received in a sealed envelope will be sufficient – in some cases, we may be able to accept photocopies of your credentials – please see our country-specific documentation requirements. Please review our required documentation policies prior to submitting an application for evaluation.

If after we review your application, we determine that you are required to submit your original documents, we will contact you by post, email, telephone or fax to information you of this requirement. If originals are required, we suggest that you send the via a reputable courier service. Please be aware that Educational Perspectives cannot guarantee the safety of your credentials during the delivery process; if you would like your credentials returned to you by a secure method, please select ‘Courier Delivery’ when you complete your application for evaluation.

What if it takes me longer to gather any additional documents you request?

Educational Perspectives will keep your file active for six months, but you may request an extension if you need one. If you do not request an extension within six months, your application will be inactivated and a re-activation fee of $60 will be required to re-open your file. If we do not hear from you within a year, all of your documents will be discarded. After that date, all documentation and a new report fee will be required.

What do I do if I have questions about my completed report?

Questions on completed reports should be sent in writing to the attention of the Director of Evaluations. You may fax, email, or post your questions. There is no additional fee required to review your evaluation if you contact us within six months of the completion of your evaluation. After six months, a $60 re-activation fee will be required to review your evaluation.

Will Educational Perspectives translate my educational credentials?

Yes. We prepare English translations for EP applicants.

Get a quote.

Will Educational Perspectives give me a university diploma or a degree?

No. Our evaluation reports state the equivalent of your non-US education in terms of education offered at regionally accredited institutions in the United States. Our evaluation reports are designed to help you be admitted to a university program, receive transfer credit for study completed, assist your attorney in the visa application process, or help a state licensure/certification board determine if you can be licensed in your profession.

Do the photocopies of my documents need to be notarized or certified?

No. Un-notarized photocopies are sufficient.

What if I submit forged or altered documents?

If you submit forged or altered documents no evaluation report will be prepared, your documents will not be returned, and you will not receive a refund of the amount you paid. In addition, this information will be shared with other evaluation agencies and appropriate institutional authorities.

If I have more than one degree or diploma will I have to pay more for my evaluation report?

No. The fee for your evaluation report covers the cost of preparing an evaluation of all of the educational documents you submit, regardless of the number. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us directly on 312-421-9300.

What is the difference between an Evaluation and a Translation?

An Evaluation is a report which determines the US equivalency of your non-US official academic records. A Translation is the English version of your non-English official academic records. We prepare English translations for EP applicants. Get a quote.

How do I contact you?

Educational Perspectives, nfp
PO Box A3462
Chicago IL 60690-3462

312-421-9300 tel
312-421-9353 fax